Ingredients for Every Day
We were appointed to develop and implement a creative campaign to launch the brand in Queensland.
Date of commencement and period of association:
September 2017 – Present
Drakes Supermarkets was set to break away from their long standing relationship with IGA in QLD.
The challenge was to define Drakes as an independent supermarket group and develop a powerful campaign positioning that they could own up against bigger supermarket brands with well-established market positioning.
We developed the “Ingredients for Every Day” campaign which defines the core of what Drakes provides their customers
- Creates an emotional connection to their customers
- Drakes understands their customers and their everyday needs by providing them the ingredients to get through everyday
- Distinguishes itself from competitors who are price driven and emotionless
- Instead of tissues being just a product they sell it’s something they provide for customers when they are sick
Created a tone of voice that is friendly and familiar, relatable and trustworthy
The strength of the campaign has been demonstrated by its ability to grow and evolve, remaining fresh and relevant by adding personality, relatability and emotive connection
Campaign Execution includes:
- Television – both regional and metro
- Store signage
- Geo-targeted digital advertising targeting supermarket shoppers visiting competitior locations within a 3km radius – day and time sensitive creative.
Outcome of Results
Store visitation has steadily increased over the 3 years.
Brand awareness of over 60% from almost nil.
Record sales increases YOY with 2020 being the largest increase.
Taking market share from competitors in SA and Queensland.
More case studies